Lunchtime Organ Music for Spring 2019
We are pleased to have a series of monthly lunchtime concerts in place for spring 2019. Most of these will be '4th Thursdays', but this time we also have an extra concert to be on a Friday lunchtime, which will be part of the launch the Methodist Modern Art Collection's month-long visit to Leicester during May and early June.
- Thursday February 28th, 1.00-1.30: Tom Keogh, organist at Holy Cross Priory, Leicester.
- Thursday March 28th, 1.00-1.30: Rev Simon Lumby, parish priest at St Aiden's, New Parks.
- Thursday April 25th: tba.
- Friday May 3rd, 1.00-1.40: Ralph Dransfield, organist at Garston Park Church, Liverpool (also a rota organist at Kelvingrove Art Gallery, Glasgow).
- Thursday May 23rd, 1.00-1.40: Timothy Lees, organist at St Mary's, Humberstone, and sometime organist to the Sultan of Oman.
You may also be interested in
David Crick (Organist at Hinckley United Reformed Church) will be playing a selection of pieces for a 30 minute recital. Alongside a Prelude and Fugue by J S Bach and a Festive Trumpet Tune by David German, his programme will include some classic English items such as Fidelis by Percy Whitlock; Nimrod by Elgar and 'Calling all Workers' by Eric...
This month we are delighted that Ian Imlay is coming to give us a varied programme of organ music. Ian is the organist at St Nicholas' Church, Leicester, where he has been in post for the last 58 years. The Chapel Café will be open for hot drinks and light lunches. The recital is free, and will include a retiring collection towards the ongoing upkeep of the...
This months concert will be given by Philip Bricher, Organist at Holy Trinity Church, Northampton. The 30 minute recital is expected to include Trumpet Tune by Andrew Carter;Minuet in a Classical Style by C. Armstrong Gibbs; Caprice in G Minor by H. Crackel Minuetto 2 by Giacomo Puccini, arr Dm Andrew MooreHymn Prelude: Toplady by Richard Lloyd Vocalise (Opus 34:14) by Sergei...